How to use purewasabi
As a relatively new herb to western cuisine, the uses for wasabi are limited only by your imagination and flair, but here are some ideas:
- Accompaniment for all meats and fish, hot or cold
- Add to sauces or mayonnaise for an added zing!
- On antipasto platters with salamis, crackers and cheese
- In sandwiches like a mustard
- With hot chips
- Mousetraps! Toast, pure wasabi, ham, tomato and cheese (or whatever you prefer, in the griller until the cheese has melted and toasted slightly.
- On barbecues
- Mixed with butter and melted on new potatoes
- With sushi and other Japanese foods
- Mix with a flavour free oil to thin the wasabi paste and then drizzle it over a salad
- Make a mix of your favourite herbs and spices along with wasabi and baste your favourite fish (salmon is divine) as it comes out of the oven before serving.
- Mix a little with ice cream (especially home made ice cream) and serve as a sorbet.
- Place with other dips on the table and tell everyone it is guacamole. You may laugh, but be prepared to defend yourself and run!
If you have a favourite use or discover a new use for wasabi we would be pleased to add it to our list for others to enjoy. Send us an email to email@example.com